To all our valued patients:
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Rodney Bay Medical Centre and Satya Integrative Medical Services, will be modifying the way we practice to ensure your essential medical needs are met in the safest way possible.
Please note that our clinic is NOT a designated Centre for management of Coronavirus and we are NOT equipped to test for Covid-19. If you think you may have COVID-19, please call the 311 hotline.
Effective March 23, 2020 we will be effecting the following changes in our Clinic:
1) We will be offering most physician consultations virtually – via WhatsApp video and audio or by telephone.
2) There will be limited In-person visits, which will be limited to urgent issues that may require a physical examination. At this time, we ask that you limit appointment requests to essential / urgent matters only.
3) In-person visits: One of our physicians will be available for a limited number of in-person visits, on most weekdays.
For your safety, our waiting room is closed. And NO walk-in patients will be accommodated.
4) Existing appointments: If you have an existing appointment, our office will contact you to arrange a tele-medicine virtual visit, or to reschedule if possible.
Routine physicals, pap smears, and other non-urgent visits will be cancelled until the pandemic resolves or attenuates.
5) New appointments: Our physicians will be available for telephone/ video consultations.
These can be booked by calling our reception at 452-8621 during office hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00am to 3pm).
Note that our physician resources are limited due to the pandemic, so we ask that you only call for an appointment to address an urgent matter.
If your issue is not appropriate for a telephone consultation because it requires a physical examination, then you may be offered an in-person visit.
6) Prescription renewals: If you need a prescription renewal, please CALL our Clinic to facilitate your renewal. Please only book a telephone consultation for a prescription renewal if you would like to speak to the physician about adjusting your dose, or if you have any issues related to your medication.
7) Results and referrals: We will continue to review all incoming laboratory and imaging results and will contact you about any abnormal results.
Specialist referrals will continue be made as needed, but please note that many specialist offices are currently closed due to the pandemic, so if a referral is needed, we anticipate longer wait times for appointments.
Here is what to expect from your visit.
When you arrive for your appointment, please wait in your car or outside the clinic , and call us to let us know you are here.
We will call you back to tell you if you can come in or need to wait until we are ready to see you. This is necessary to protect your health and safety as well as that of our staff and other patients.
Upon entering the Clinic, you will be asked to sanitize your hands, your temperature taken, and you will be given a mask, after which you will be seen by one of our Physicians.
We remain committed to placing your health and wellbeing at the forefront of all we do, and want to assure you that we are here for you.
We will be doing everything we can to support your health, and have taken these measures to ensure we do not inadvertently put you at risk.
Please note that this is a very fluid situation , which may need to be adjusted as new developments come to pass.
We ask for your cooperation and wish you continued good health.
Dr Tanya Beaubrun and team at the Rodney Bay Medical Centre.
You will be sent our COVID-19 Healthy Living 30-Day Program designed to help you cope during this time. Please take time to sign-up to our updates.